Tag Archives: Idiot
Yesterday my espresso machine died on me while I was making my morning coffee. Thankfully I’d already gotten the espresso part out of the way and had just started steaming the milk when the steamer suddenly stopped working. I thought that I’d run out of water, which I was weird since I used the same amount as usual, but I filled her up again and waited for the steam to start. I waited….and waited…and waited, but nothing happened. I was already late for work so I just heated my milk the old fashioned way, on the stove, poured it over the espresso and left everything as is.
In the evening, after I got back home from work I decided to give it another go…I’m one of those people who think that if you leave something alone long enough it magically
heals repairs itself and starts working again. But alas, it was still broken…how foolish of me to think it would repair itself that quickly…so I put it away (the last thing I need is a daily reminder that I have to use instant coffee again on the kitchen counter) until I can find someone who can fix it.
I’m already going through some severe “I need really good coffee” withdrawals, it’s only been a day, but I’m dreading a weekend without any proper coffee. I’m considering either just buying a new espresso machine or investing temporarily in a mocha pot (good luck finding one that isn’t super expensive in Jordan). And this is where I regret not buying that awesome mocha pot I found in IKEA when I was vacationing in the UAE. It was a little expensive but I didn’t get it because I stupidly thought I didn’t need one since, you know, I had an espresso maker that works just fine. Dammit! I’m an idiot.
(Title stolen from a comment a very good friend of mine made on the FB status I posted yesterday about this subject)
Apparently I’ve done something unthinkable and unforgivable according to an idiot out there. Who would have thought I could really piss someone off with my meaningless blog which no one probably reads unless I pimp out my latest posts on Facebook, Twitter and G+.
Yesterday I got a comment (which instead of approving and replying to, I’m writing my final post for 2011 about) on my last blog post. This idiot is demanding I take down my blog because I’m “stealing” their reader base. How am I doing that? Well according to them it seems that when someone wants to search for their blog on Google, mine comes up first. Insane right! (The secret is that I bribed the folks at Google because I really have it in for this person I’ve never heard off). Mwahahaha.
Actually the comment really made my day and had me ROTFLMFAO…not only was it hilarious…but they actually think that my meaningless blog is so popular, I have thousands of readers….also that they seem to think that their blog is popular enough to have just as many readers (maybe even more than me…which I found even funnier) and that I wanted to steal them all by creating this blog.
Here’s the comment:
Hello, aussieforgood. This is relatively unrelated to your post, but I wanted to express my dis-contempt with the domain name you’ve chosen. You see, the domain of my wordpress is idiot.wordpress.com*, and when my loyal fans choose to Google search it, your blog comes up first in the index. I’d like you to take the entire thing down, you’re taking my reader base, that is unforgivable. Thanks.
*I’m not posting their “domain” name in this post just in case their loyal readers who are now reading my blog realize that I’m the wrong person and then go back to reading that idiots blog, and we wouldn’t want that to happen, so I’m substituting it with idiot..also there may be a blog out there with a domain name that starts with idiot..if there is I apologize to you for associating you with this idiot, I really didn’t mean to make fun of your blog, I’m pretty sure any blog with a domain name starting with idiot is an awesome one.
Just for clarification, this persons “domain name” is kinda the same as mine but has an extra letter in there somewhere.
And now, just in case the writer of the comment above (which will never be approved and will be moved to the trash as soon as I publish this post) comes back to read my blog, this is my official reply:
- Dude, what can I do, wordpress made that name available to me…at first I tried 1 “u” then 2, those were taken, 3 “u‘s” were available so I just snatched it up without thinking that maybe someone has the exact same domain name but wanted to add an extra letter in there…next time try taking all domain names close to yours and make them unavailable to everyone else. (OMG!! I just realized that I’m probably stealing all the loyal readers of the other 2 domain names that were already taken!! Oh no!! This means I’m not just stealing your reader base but other peoples too! How evil of me! Oh my, how am I supposed to sleep at night)
- Try updating your blog regularly instead of ditching it in February then coming back to it in December…maybe your readers (if you really have any) would have stuck around had you been updating in the last 9 months.
- As of yesterday you have a total 10 blog posts, I have 60…maybe you should take down your blog…not that I see it as any kind of threat to me since I know the people who read my blog, or should I say, I know the people who I want reading my blog, and I don’t think they’ll be interested in reading yours.
- Maybe you should Google how to get your blog’s ranking higher up in Google instead of Googling your blog, maybe you can find out what a sitemap is and how to use it to your advantage.
- Oh and please don’t take my use of the word idiot personally…I’m just one of those people who agree with House and I like to call all idiots “idiot”.
I think I’ve done enough idiot bashing for one day. And finally to all my readers (and the ones I’ve stolen) have a happy new year and see you in 2012.
Now back to my Doctor Who marathon.